With Christmas and Chanukah now over with for this year – we are all facing our next holiday of New Years Eve and New Years Day. Be considerate and most of all be a good guest and show respect to the person who invited you.
1. R.S.V.P. – tell your hosts whether you can attend and do so immediately.
2. Be on time – Try not to arrive too early; and do not arrive more than 15 minutes late.
3. Be a most willing participant – Whatever the host offers – such as party games, a new souffle, or meeting new friends and acquaintances. Be a team player.
4. Offer to help clean up or whatever they need (within reason).
5. Don’t overindulge with alcohol or the pate. Leave some for the other party guests.
6. Thank the host/hostess twice – on the way out the door and with a phone call or email note the very next day.
7. Ask permission before you post photos to Facebook or Twitter the next day.