Inspiration for our blogs can come when you least expect it; today our good friends finished their remodel project on their home in Southern California. They included a brand new front door and painted it RED. When I made the comment to them; that I had seen many red doors while living in Northern England during my first year of college – I decided to write my blog tonight on Red Doors.
There are several meanings of a red front door:
- In some countries the red door means Welcome
- In other countries the red door is a sign of protection
- In Episcopal Churches – the explanation was that the red door indicated the mortgage was paid.
- In China – a red door is the same as the welcome mat and also symbolized luck.
- In essence, a red door symbolizes divine protection, good luck and financial status.