My older brother, Gary is about to celebrate a birthday very soon. It is one of those special “years” with a party involved. We talked about going shopping for a new “look”or an easy to put together holiday or festive look; as opposed to looking like he is going to work/office or a business meeting.
Usually my blog poisematters.com seems to be dedicated to the female gender; with make-up tips, etiquette tips and fashion highlights. Or I tend to write about my years as a young mother and reminisce on raising my two sons.
So today, let’s focus on men’s fashion
- Style Tip – Knits are what you wear to the football game; wovens are what you put on to meet the parents.
- Sport shirts can be described either as “woven” or “knit”. Woven fabric is made on a loom; knit fabric is joined together by a series of loops.
- The T-shirt was born when central heating called for a lighter alternative to long johns.
- Travel tip – To avoid wrinkles, ask your Dry Cleaners to fold your shirts with tissue before packing.
- Style Tip: If you can buy one pair of pants per season; stay away from tissue-weight pants and go for 100 percent cotton brushed chinos, which can be worn year-round.
- How long should pants be? Your pants should be long enough to rest on the tops of your shoes with a slight backward slant toward the heel of your shoe. When you got it right, there will be a “dent” in the fabric at your ankle, that the famous “break” you hear so much about. If it’s not the right length, have it altered.
- Style Tip: If you can only buy one pair of jeans, go for a style in dark denim, with a boot cut leg and a medium rise.
So for this Holiday season think about “Fit”, since it is the most important aspect of purchasing good clothes. Because no matter the quality, label or how much you spend, a poor fitting garment will never look good.