Have you ever heard the term, Wardrobes are like cars. They malfunction without maintenance. Both need to be kept in good condition if they’re going to work well for you. Are you shoes looking good? Has a button fallen off of your jacket? Does everything in your closet feel too loose?
Here are a few simple rules:
- Buy clothes that are wash and wear. Or learn to iron or learn to pay for quality dry cleaning.
- Take your scuffed up shoes in for cleaning and polishing. Try not to wear the same shoes everyday.
- If you lose weight, find a good tailor and take your “too big” clothes in for alterations.
- Keep track of your accessories, repair broken jewelry. Replace worn looking handbags and belts.
- Keep a bag in your trunk of your vehicle for the dry cleaners, and shoe repair. So next time your out, make sure to drop off your items for repair or cleaning, half the battle is dropping off the items.
- Think Consistent Maintenance – for your wardrobe to last longer