Is the dull reflection you once saw only in bad lighted “airport” bathrooms now an everyday reality? Well, pull out the childhood album and return to your roots (not the gray roots). Its true Mother Nature is right on when it comes to matching skin color and hair in a flattering way. So pay attention and reconsider your natural hair color? Pull out the childhood photos to see how you looked before you started to dabbled in hair color. Many women veer so far from the color they had as a kid, they cannot remember what they were prior to age 26.
- Don’t attempt to color your own hair at home, see a color specialist, its worth it.
- Take care of your color, with products that protect your color-treated hair
- Stay out of the sun, for maintaining your color
- To keep your color from oxidizing outdoors, throw on a fabulous scarf to protect it
- Here is a great hair conditioning trick: Microwave a 1/4 cup of coconut oil for 20 seconds, then massage it into damp hair. Shampoo out the next morning.
- For women over 50, don’t wash your hair everyday…it is too drying. Skip a day and wash every other day, for your hair to keep the color.