In just 14 days Black Friday will be here, the traditional day after Thanksgiving day where we shop till we drop. With so much shopping going on there should be some kind of rules or etiquette for all of us grown ups who love to shop. So here are some things to consider before you start your holiday shopping.
1. Don’t park your shopping bags in all of the free space in women’s lounge area, also don’t block the aisle with your shopping cart.
2. Don’t jump the line – ever. You are not more important than anyone else, we all wait in line.
3. Don’t hold up the line at the cash wrap with an argument with your children on the phone or in person.
4. Don’t even think about shoplifting – you will get caught.
5. Don’t be rude to sales persons or the staff of any store. They are there to help and guide you.
6. Don’t be rude to the elderly, disabled or larger people. It reflects on your family and the way your parents raised you.
7. Practice safe driving, sure the malls will be crowded but don’t even think about parking in a handicapped spot. You will be fined double during the holidays.
8. At the grocery store remember, it is not a race track. Slow down when buying groceries and there’s no reason for impolite behavior.
9. Remember that there are other shoppers in the store beside you, if you see a friend while shopping move over to an area where you are not blocking anything.
10. If you tried on clothing, leave the dressing room clean and return the unwanted items to the store attendant.
11. And if you have incredible guest service and you feel someone made your shopping trip more enjoyable – please take the time to tell the staff or write an email when you get home.