How to eat certain foods –
- Avocados: If an avocado is served in its shell, it is eaten with a spoon. If it is served in slices, it is eaten with a knife and fork.
- Caviar: Caviar is meant to be spread on bread and then the bread is eaten with the fingers.
- Crabs: Hard shell crabs are eaten with a knife and fork.
- Doughnuts: These are eaten with your fingers but remember, no dunking allowed in public ! At home dunk to your heart’s delight !
- Grapes: Take a small bunch of grapes from the large bunch and put onto your plate. Eat your grapes one at a time and discard any seeds or skin you do not wish to eat into your hand and place these on the side of your plate.
- Eggs: Hard boiled eggs are cut with your knife and fork and then eaten with your fork. If you are served a soft boiled egg in a cup, slice the top of egg with your knife and use your spoon to eat the rest of the egg from the shell. The egg can also be put into a bowl and eaten with a spoon.
- Lemon Wedges: The wedge is squeezed onto your food with one hand and the other hand is used to shield the juice from hitting your neighbor.
- Peas: These are a little difficult to deal with if you are eating American style. The best way to eat them is to push them onto your fork with a little piece of your roll. Never use your fingers !! If you are eating European style, you can spear the little devils with your fork.